7 Tips for
a tiny bit tipsy
but healthy lifestyle
1. Protein before your Prosecco. If you know you’re going to be drinking, have some protein first.
The less food you have in your stomach, the more impact a drink will have, and the more likely you’ll be to ask for another or forget good choices.
Having a healthy fat or protein in your stomach will keep you smart and help you focus on veggies or nut snacks instead of going for the fried appetizers.
2. Serving size savvy. Make sure you understand alcohol servings, unit counts of alcohol and what it means to your body.Free-pour Drinks? Lots of restaurants (and even more friends!) pour generous drinks that make 2 glasses worth of alcohol look like its only one. The more you know about what you’re taking in, the more control you will have.
3. Whiskey waistline wisdom. Choose wisely.
If you’re having a beer, choose one that is low carb. When asking for a mixed drink go for club soda instead of juice or other high sugar choices.
4. Fake out your friends.
Order a pretty substitute to make it look like you’re drinking water with lime. Something as simple as water and a twist of lime or lemon in a tall glass will keep you on your diet without calling attention to the fact that you’re not really indulging.(It will also count towards your daily water intake!)
5. Merlot munchy mindfulness.
Remember to eat and drink mindfully. One of the biggest traps that alcohol creates is the tendency to reach out and grab whatever food is in front of you. Skip the chips and dips and opt for the carrots and celery. Better yet, walk away from the food entirely.
6. Think before you drink. Think ahead about what you’re going to eat after drinking.
If you have a plan in mind, you will be much less likely to let yourself order a high fat, high salt meal.
7. Popularize your sobriety. Offer to be the designated driver. Three women drinking and one woman 'designated driver'.
If you take responsibility for all your friends’ safety, you give yourself a great reason not to drink. Everybody else will really appreciate it, in fact they will LOVE you for it and you can feel good about yourself. It’s a real win-win!